Sunday, April 18, 2010

For My Love

For My Love
It's deeply rooted in every woman- the question, "Do I stand out in a crowd?" The vision of someone walking across a room and asking me to dance plays over and over in my mind; out of the whole room, I was chosen. I'll be honest, I'm fifteen... I have crushes... but more than whimsical feelings and fickle emotion, I really do want to be fought for. I long to be recklessly pursued. I'm looking for true love, something honest and untainted, with no hidden agenda but that it wants to chase after me.

I love Psalm 45: "Listen to me, O royal daughter; take to heart what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty." That's it! That's what every chick flick revolves around, that's what every romance novel is written about, those are the exact words that made me want to be a princess when I was younger.

The sad reality is, though, that women often aren't validated and reassured that they're worth that kind of affection. It scars us in the deepest places and causes us to cover our mouths when we smile and hide who we truly are. But, that's what I love about Jesus-he's a husband to the widow, the freer of a captive heart. -Bethany Dillon-

I posted this about a year and a half ago, and this message that she wrote is even older than that, but the trueness of it hasn't changed. And tonight, the reminder is welcomed.

1 comment:

Steve and Pam said...

such beautiful thoughts! Love you, Emily!