Sunday, December 06, 2009

Happiness

My happiness is not determined by:
-numbers on a scale
-what I'm having for lunch
-if my patients like me or not
-if I'm having a bad/good hair day
-what kind of home I live in
-if I have someone to spend my life with
-what kind of clothes are in my closet
-who returns my phone calls
-who doesn't return my phone calls
-how much money I have in the bank
-my family's happiness
-where my parents live
-how many people honk at my driving


Obviously the list can go on for awhile... In this season when it's easy to get consumed by things, and pleasing other people, and ourselves, through momentary distractions, I just wanted to remind myself where my joy comes from.

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

1 comment:

Steve and Pam said...

Happiness is conditional, contentment is entirely different. We are 'content' in the Lord. We are 'happy' with circumstances. I'm not happy with the heat right now, nor the situation with Dad's work issue, but I'm content in knowing that God is at work and has a plan.

Thanks for your thoughts and insights, Em. Keep us on track! Wish so much we could be together Christmas, but we WILL be shortly after! YEA!!!!